Je m'appelle Harry, je vis à Dublin et je vous propose d'apprendre l'anglais avec moi. Je publie 4 leçons par semaine.
1. Lesson 1
The match was called off because the pitch was waterlogged and it will be replayed next week.
2. Lesson 2
In the 21st Century more and more people have found that they have a lot of leisure time. Time when they do not have to work or study.
3. Lesson 3
The robber was arrested and charged with the crime. He had to appear before the judge the following day to await his sentence.
4. Lesson 4
Banning cars from the city centre would help to reduce the air pollution and the city would therefore be a healthier place to live.
5. Lesson 5
I am going on a business trip tomorrow. My train departs at 7am. My wife will drop me off at the station if she has time. I am meeting my boss on the platform.
6. Lesson 6
I'm enjoying myself immensely at university. I've had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. There is never a shortage of activities to do on campus.
7. Lesson 7
Energetic and sociable helpers needed in our summer camp for 10 to 12 year olds. Must be able to speak English and French fluently and have a sense of fun and be very well organized.
8. Lesson 8
Last week I made a complaint in my local restaurant. The meat was raw, the chips were soggy and the tomatoes were rotten. The entire meal was overpriced. I refused to pay.
9. Lesson 9
Mary likes to send messages to her family back home.
10. Lesson 10
Our family goes on holiday every year to Spain.
11. Lesson 11
I'm sure James didn't mean to be unkind when he spoke to you this morning.
12. You look unhappy. What are you thinking about ?
13. My son spends a lot of time hanging out with his friends.
14. I decided to drop you a line as i hadn't heard from you for a few weeks.
15. I am fine. How are things with you ?
16. It was raining hard when we arrived at the railway station.
17. I don't have a lot of free time these days because i am studying for my exams.
18. We have lived in this house since i was a small child.
19. Even in an age when most women go out to work they still find themselves doing most of the chores.
20. After they had finished their work, they headed off to the cafe for some refreshments.
21. I think that should be fine,i'll call you back if there is a problem.
22. In ten years time plenty of manual jobs will have disappeared.
23. If he hadn't driven his car so fast, he wouldn't have crashed it.
24. Michael was cooking the dinner when he cut his finger.
25. I used to live here when i was young.
26. When i got divorced at first it was difficult but i am used to living on my own now.
27. My Grandmother would visit me every Saturday when i was growing up.
28. If your tutor has to cancel a tutorial or put it off, he or she will try to tell you the week beforehand.
29. He blushed with embarrassment when his mobile went off during the film.
30. She isn't ashamed of making mistakes when she speaks other languages.
31. I don't think someone should get sacked for making an honest mistake.
32. Governments should make it easier for people to be more aware of green issues.
33. What sport would you advise someone to take up in order to make friends?
34. I didn't find working in the office much fun because my colleagues were not very friendly.
35. Peter took us to see a very funny film which made us laugh a lot.
36. 3 expressions using alternatives to No
37. 3 expressions using time
38. Adverbs used to make adjectives stronger
39. Astronomers have for the first time discovered...
40. Collocations with Possibility : definite possibility, remote possibility and slight possibility
41. English expressions : if I were you...
42. English Expressions using Hypothesis
43. Explanation of the use of Already, Yet and Still
45. Expressions : cross that bridge when we come to it...
46. Expressions : I am having second thoughts...
47. Expressions : when in Rome...
48. Expressions: slim chance / fat chance...
49. Expressions: using MAKE / make it easier to...
50. Expressions: using WAY / a long way back...
51. Fighting talk, a pep talk...
52. First and foremost the UK now insists...
53. I am meeting Michael tomorrow after...
54. I cannot believe it inspector you mean this...
55. I have driven along this road a thousand...
56. I stopped to talk to my neighbour...
57. In an attempt to attract backpackers...
58. Indirect questions to appear...
59. Inversion for emphasis and what it means
60. Isn't it hot I think I'll open a window...
61. Know your way around...
62. Labour should unequivocally...
63. Little did i imagine that i would ever...
65. Our train leaves tomorrow at 6 am...
66. Past Perfect : the rules and how to use it
67. Phrasal verbs : get in / set off...
68. The Church, which is highly influential in...
69. The collapse of Thomas Cook the world's...
70. The UK is set to leave the EU on 31/10...
71. The whole place was deserted but it was obvious...
72. Three collocations with opportunity ; equal opportunity, golden opportunity and perfect opportunity
73. Three expressions : it doesn't add up...
74. Three expressions : clear something up...
75. Three phrasal verbs using up : sign up, pay up, come up
76. Video of Sundays incident...
77. We always used to go to the Med for...
78. We got to the park quite late after...
79. We're going to spend our summer...
80. You would expect him to be looking tired ..
81. Collocations with Crime - Part 1
82. Collocations with Crime - Part 2
83. Miscellaneous phrasal verbs / put it down to...
84. Adjectives to verbs adding Suffix EN lack, wide, light
85. Phrasal verbs fall through, put off, bring out, break out
86. Strong adverbs and adjectives : inadequately, unavoidably, inexcusably, fully
87. Adjectives to verbs with suffix EN; strong, long, fright, tight
88. Nouns to verbs with EN as prefix: danger, trust, courage, force
89. Adverbs of strength : greatly, promptly, wildly, excruciatingly
90. Expressions : at odds with, they make strange bedfellows, to put a spanner in the works, prone to
91. Phrasal verbs : get across, out it down to, turn up, single out
92. Expressions : with talk / talk shop, talk the hind legs, talk out of both, talk rubbish
93. Collocations with plan / plans
94. More words verbs with prefix Up ?
95. Words that partner with success
96. Words / verbs with prefix Up
97. Phrasal verbs connected to Health
98. Sentence explained : The Royal Family Dilemma
99. Verbs used to describe Eating
100. Words / expressions to describe business and employment
101. Brexit : The Prime Minister's Withdrawal Agreement Act was signed off by the Queen on Thursday after completing its journey through Parliament
102. Simple guide to Passive tenses
103. Travel Collocations 2 and examples
104. Travel Collocations and phrases with examples
106. Phrasal verbs : Political meaning 1
107. Phrasal verbs : Political meaning 2
108. Prepositions : In, At and On using time
109. Collocations with the word "Task"
110. Expressions and phrasal verbs connected to "the Family"
111. Grammar in a sentence : French President Emmanuel Macron...
112. Understanding the difference between Look, See and Watch
113. Miscellaneous expressions
114. Expressions connected to presentations
115. Collocations about Work part 1
116. Collocations about Work part 2
117. 2 word expressions / fixed expressions - Part 1
118. 2 word expressions / fixed expressions - Part 2
119. Additional phrases using Price
120. Conversation using informal words / phrases then re-worded to use formal words / phrases
121. Collocations using the word Price
122. Collocations with word SALES - Part 1
123. Collocations with word SALES - Part 2
124. Economics about the VIRUS
125. Explain differences between Hit , Beat, Strike...
126. Phrases and expressions to do with secrets
127. Language connected to conference calls
128. Behaving differently? Language to influence people
129. Phrasal verbs about a football match
130. Polite and diplomatic language
131. Understanding News Headlines